Sunday, March 08, 2009

Ron's Surprise Party

Well, we pulled it off without a hitch. Ron thought he was coming to the farm for a belated 40th birthday celebration with his Mom, Nanaw, and sister Allison. When he arrived, he found the whole family, including Angela, Ashton, and Aunt Dorothy who had traveled many miles to surprise him.And what a good sport he was! He wore the "40" beads and pin all day long. It worked out so well that even his shirt matched his accessories.
I'm so stinkin' proud of this kid that I will eagerly admit that I'm old enough to have a 40-year-old son. This is one of those years in every decade when I get to ask him, "how do you like being in your 40s with your Mom in her 50s?".

Ron had many cards and gifts from his family. He really hit the jackpot with gifts totally geared to him.
He requested Nanaw's famous chocolate cake, adorned, of course, with the "40" theme. Everyone pitched in on the meal, desserts, and drinks, making it all a success. Many of Ron's favorite dishes from childhood were there. Thank you to all the cooks and bakers!
Ron wasn't the only one surprised today. Check back tomorrow for...the rest of the story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again Ron!! Glad you liked your surprises!!

Jan Tucker said...

Happy "BIG 40th" birthday, Ron. Your Mom told me she was planning a surprise party but did not mention if it was Friday, Saturday or Sunday.....so I have faithfully checked the BLOG every day so I could catch up on your special occasion. You are so lucky to have such a great family who enjoy and love each other. Wishing you many more happy days!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there to see the 'GOTCHA'. Hey Ron, once again, how does it feel to be 40 with your mom in her 50"s????

angela | the painted house said...

Fun day! Glad I got to see Ron in all his bling!