Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Weekend Pictures

My sweet sister-in-law, Rita. She actually loves her mother-in-law!
Lounging on the porch after a full, exciting and emotional day. That's my Blondie!

My Aunt Dorothy and my sister, Donna.
Angela was a big hit with the kids when she offered them rides on a motorcycle that was a bit too small for her long legs. We will do anything for a laugh.
Of course, Baylee could always be found with either the donkeys or the dogs. Here, she is loving on Gene and Rita's dog, Lewis. The animals seem as drawn to her as she is to them.
The whole clan moved outside to admire Mother's new wheels.
I spent the day with Mother today since it would have been her 64th anniversary. She, Aunt Dorothy and I ran errands, went out to lunch, and had a wonderful visit. I was so happy to have these two women to myself today.
Mother is bound to get some looks in this pretty car.
The basement is a favorite gathering place for our family and holds our bunch very well.
Emotions ran a little high since it was our first family gathering since we lost Sugar, the head of our family. All the surprises got the tears flowing, too.

My baby sister and my baby brother. They call each other big and little dummy, but I suspect they really love one another.
Angela and our dear Aunt Dorothy. Two hot chicks!
Can you tell they are sisters? I'm so glad they have each other and thankful for Dorothy's frequent visits.

7 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Great pictures, Mom! I'm so glad you could spend the day with those sweet ladies. I know it was such a hard day for NanNaw.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

PEGGY, I ENJOYED THE PICTURES....MA IS SO SWEET.. WHAT A NICE THING YOUALL WERE ABLE TO DO FOR HER.....YOUR CHILDREN ARE BEAUTIFUL...I KNOW THIS DAY HAD TO BE HARD FOR ALL OF YOU EMOTIONALLY..... LOVE PATTY

Anonymous said...

looking at the pictures made me feel as though I was there. I'm sure all had a great time, a little bitter sweet too, but all the "firsts" are.

I'll have to hear more about your day yesterday. Glad you spent it with these two lovely ladies...

love you

Jan Tucker said...

Rita, you are SO lucky to still have your Mother-In-Law. Mine, who I loved dearly too, passed away in 1992 at the early age of 62PLEASE DO NOT SMOKE!
Hey there Baylee, I'm right there with ya. Animals and kids always like me too.

Anonymous said...

My girl is so sweet with all the animal love. She smelled like it too!

You got some great pictures.

Anonymous said...

I really like all the pictures you got! And Baylee looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. What a day it was!