Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Linda!

My cousin Linda, the gorgeous redhead in the picture, is celebrating a birthday today. I love when this date comes around since Linda is finally the same age as me. Every January on my birthday I receive a card from her with a derogatory ending, like "from your much younger cousin", implying there is more than a two month age difference between us. Now, to be really factual with the details, I'm really three days shy of being two months older. But who's counting.
In spite of the age thing, I've always been proud to claim Linda as a cousin. We are faithful to keep in touch even though we've always lived in separate states. She is one of the most thoughtful women I know, and a perfect hostess as shown in this picture when Angela and Clayton visited Linda and John. She's just an all-round beautiful person. But then, she comes from good stock.

Happy birthday, Linda! I hope it's a very special day. You deserve the best. Much love and admiration from your much older cousin, Peggy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. You are both old!!!!!!! Just kidding. Yes you are beautiful as Peggy said.

Love you cousin Linda and hope you have the best birthday ever! Would love to see you. Let's work that out.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Linda!!....I'm Clayton's very young looking older sister.

Peggy, you sound just a teeny-tiny bit bitter. lol :)

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, Linda! Mom is right, you are gorgeous and sweet! You must tell us your skincare secrets because I still can't get over how beautiful your skin is!

Thank you for always being a good hostess to me! I hope to return the favor to you and John someday.

Jan Tucker said...

Happy birthday Linda. I'm Peggy's high school friend that is always promoting her books and I love reading her blog to keep up with her, and her family and friends.
I hate to burst your bubble, but BOTH of you are older than ME.
Ha Ha Don't fret though, I'll catch up to yall on Nov. 17th!!