Friday, October 10, 2008

Cheryl Was Here!!!

Cheryl and Sid are in town for a relative's wedding and she managed to squeeze in some quality time with me. We spent the day together yesterday and threw together a small group for Girls Night Out. We had a fabulous time.Cheryl has become an important part of our family and shares her love with everyone. Here, she is enjoying her meal with my sister, Donna, who has also adopted her into our family.
I sat across the table with Patty and continually counted my blessings. It's a rich feeling sitting there with my two best friends, my sister, and my daughter, Allison. The only thing that would have made it better would be for Angela to be able to join us.
Allison and Cheryl took advantage of our brief visit to catch up on each other. After dinner, Cheryl and I stayed up until 2:30 a.m., playing Yahtzee, talking and laughing. This morning we played some more while having coffee.
When Sid came over to pick her up, the four of us went to a late lunch. Afterwards, we sat on the patio with the pleasant breeze and talked about everything, including politics. That gets interesting when each couple is a different political party supporter! But we've never let that interfere in our friendship.
Robin enjoyed his moment between two women. He told Sid to take his time snapping the picture. He was such a good sport when he went to bed and told us to keep throwing dice on the tiled table top, that he'd sleep through the racket. Of course, we added laughter to the mix.

The visit was much too short but I am blessed to have the time with Cheryl that I had. She's an incredible friend, and her support and unwavering belief in me means more than she will ever know. Love you, BB!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you BB. That was the best time, and of course not long enough. Our time will come (whenever I get back to Texas). How can it be possible to have so much fun with someone just playing a simple game and drinking coffee. (of course talking, talking talking)...I know....I didn't shut up all the time I was there. Seeing Randee and Donna...and Patty, was great. I miss everyone so much.

love you

angela | the painted house said...

Glad you got in some time with your BB. Great photos of you all!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I got to see Cheryl. Just not long enough:( Glad you got to get more time in though. I know how much you look forward to your time with her.

Anonymous said...

It's October ladies....Bandera isn't too far away!!