Monday, October 06, 2008

Bon Voyage!

Patty called me last night and told me I needed to get a passport. I knew what that meant. She was ready for another cruise. I tried to tone down my excitement long enough to ask if we had time to get a passport. Since the law now requires a passport for those countries that once settled for a birth certificate, the wait can be horrendous. She assured me her husband was checking into it.

Her husband. That's when I told her if he'd like to go on this cruise or if she would rather have his company, I totally understood. She said she had asked him and even though he'd enjoyed the one they took last February, it wasn't exactly his cup of tea. So, I'm the lucky one who gets treated to a 5-day cruise, complete with penthouse and balcony and room service and relaxation and reading and shopping and napping. Whew!

Patty called again today to tell me she had checked with two travel agents who told her a passport wasn't necessary since we were leaving and returning to an American port. However, if one of us got sick in another country, a passport would come in handy. With my track record, we'd better get passports. Although, I told her I'd met my quota and it was her turn to get sick. Not a nice thing to say to someone who is treating me to a cruise!

We are looking at April and will book it once we learn more about the length of time it takes to get a passport. We are really looking forward to this and always have so much fun. The cruise will be on the heels of a 10-day trip to Bandera, scheduled for January. It really sounds like I'm making out my bucket list!

5 comments:

Heather said...

How EXCITING!! You'll have SO much fun.

Anonymous said...

Where is the cruise taking you? Did I miss that? Need more information. Sounds like back to back fun.

I want to see Cheryl! You've been keeping her coming in a secret!

Peggy said...

If we take the 5-day cruise, we will stop in Mexico at two ports, Progresso and Cozumel.

Cheryl's trip was spontaneous. I'm so excited!!

Unknown said...

I am jealous... I used to work on cruises you know... (maybe not) you should be able to go to the passport agency & get it same day... i am pretty sure Houston has a passport agency.. Which Cruise line are you taking? Sigh..I miss my days on the sea...
Thanks for the bloggy love on my SITS day! : )

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky! I've been wanting to go on a cruise so bad!