Thursday, April 17, 2008

We Are Woman!




What keeps a trio of desperate women from missing a scheduled Girls Night Out? Not much of anything. While our wiser Donna and Deborah skipped out due to a threatening weather forecast, Patty, Allison and I saw the sun peeking through the clouds and headed out to dinner. It ended up being a long, long dinner.

We enjoyed a wonderful meal of avocado enchiladas, somewhat oblivious to what the clouds outside were doing. Allison called Brian as we prepared to leave the restaurant, only to catch him and the kids in the closet. Sirens were going off everywhere. We stepped outside and contemplated the dark, angry western sky - the direction Allison needed to go to arrive home. I even took a picture of a wall cloud, but it's so dark it didn't show up. Sorry Angela and Allison, I'd hoped to prove they actually exist.

We decided to wait out the storm. I could have driven east and avoided it, but we wanted to wait with Allison until it was safe for her to leave. We must have stood in the foyer about 45 minutes. We were finally enveloped in the dark clouds and they released plenty of rain and pea size hail, and some strong winds. Patty was freaking out and I thought I was bad!

Needless to say, we all made it home safely. And this brazen trio proved that when it's Girls Night Out, no tornado sirens, hail storms, beating rains and wind will keep us from our destination. We are woman. Hear us roar.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girls. Glad you got home OK. Patty I was scared too. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

At least the storm brought Diamonddeb to comment on the blog...I missed seeing everyone!

Anonymous said...

Mike and I were watching the storm on TV as it got closer and closer to us. The sirens were going off like crazy. I told him I would be going into the closet, if necessary, that is in the middle of the house. He told me I wouldn't fit because of all the clutter. I assured I would but that he wouldn't. You're on your own honey!

Glad y'all made it back ok.

angela | the painted house said...

Scary! What is it with bad weather and Girls' Night? I think Zeus might be telling you something!

Glad you all were safe!

Anonymous said...

Flores, your are going to have to get a blog in English, you don't know who you are dealing with.

Anonymous said...

I know Angela. Weird, but tis the season.

I was looking at the weather for this next week and looks like rain for the latter part of the week, so if anyone is interested, could we meet Tuesday night? If not, let's do it next week.

Anonymous said...

Donna, you live in OK. How far a drive is it to here?

Anonymous said...

Cristal, I work in Gainesville, so I drive 50 minutes to meet them for dinner, and then I drive 1 1/2 hr. home. Not so bad. Can you meet us sometime?

Anonymous said...

That's not too bad of a drive.

Yeah, I'd love to go if y'all would have me!

Anonymous said...

Sure Cristal if you and Dee won't argue over who is the better aunt:)

Peggy said...

Cristal, please join us for the great fun that is Girls Night Out! I will be the judge and call a tie between you and Dee in the aunt department. You both rock!

Anonymous said...

There's no arguement there. Dee is the favorite aunt on their Mommy's side and I'm the favorite aunt on their Daddy's side. Very simple!!

Anonymous said...

That works! It's a good thing to be the favorite aunt:)