Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Date With Candice






Robin decided to join Candice and me for our annual birthday dinner and shopping, claiming he'd "be proud to be seen with two beautiful women." Having our own driver was great for us, too! Candice chose TGI Fridays for dinner. We had a lot of fun, even if our order was screwed up twice. I was almost through eating by the time Robin's and Candice's meals arrived as they originally ordered them. Then it was off to Grapevine Mills Mall to ooh and aah over the clothes and make a selection.

Candice wanted a cute summer dress to wear with her black heels. I say cute but too sexy better describes the "little black dress" she chose. As Angela would say, it's classic and will never go completely out of style. The one we bought is very versatile. It can be worn on or off the shoulders, creating a different look. She matched it up with some bling for her ears and neck. She looked too hot to be my granddaughter. I think I felt more comfortable shopping for Planet Heroes with Jude.

It was actually Candice and me who started this birthday tradition ten years ago when my wedding trip to Vegas prevented me from attending her 7th birthday party. To make it up to her, I arranged to take her to dinner and shopping to pick out her own gift. Camryn wanted to do the same thing in July on her birthday and it became a yearly event with all my grandchildren. I still attend their parties but the time out together is special for all of us.

We enjoyed having Candice to ourselves tonight. There was a lot of talking and laughing going on and Candice looked especially beautiful with her new smile - the braces came off yesterday! There's still the matter of 4 wisdom teeth needing to be removed, but we will worry about that when the time comes. We love you, Candy Girl, and thank you for being such delightful company and our sweet entertainment for the evening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You failed to mention she got her bling bling off her teeth!!!! She must be so excited. Glad you had a good time. I still need to get her something. Only one more year and she is cut off from the birthday gravy train! I am deciding now that 18 is the cut off. That was a hard pill to swallow when I was 18 so Candice needs to start getting use to it - love you!

Peggy said...

Uh, Dee, bless your heart, you must be tired. I did mention the braces coming off. You poor, sweet thang.

Anonymous said...

Wow, every time I see a picture of her she gets more and more beautiful. She needs to be a model.

I remember the day I got my braces off. It was right before my 16th birthday. The best birthday present ever....well that and my new hair do! Thanks Angela!!

Anonymous said...

Dee, I'm so sorry I cut you off at 18! You know I love you though!:)

Candice and Memmaw look exceptionally beautiful! You lucky man, Robin!!!

Anonymous said...

What a couple of beautiful women! I bet Robin was a proud man!

I get the general idea what bling bling is, but in Pannell women terms, how did this "bling" come about.....I digress again....I love your new smile. Matches your dazzling personality!

Anonymous said...

thank you memaw! i had a wonderful time

-Candice

angela | the painted house said...

Beautiful smile, Candice! Glad you all had fun!