Sunday, April 20, 2008

Patty & Peggy - Our Little Trip






We are back home after lounging the weekend away in Waxahachie. It was so much fun! We browsed many antique shops, ate lunch at a soda fountain inside a pharmacy, and each completed a novel. The last part means we spent plenty of time in the room reading. So relaxing!

We walked through the beautiful courthouse there and marveled at the architecture. It was gorgeous. I especially loved the staircases with the rich wood banisters. A foreign architect did many interesting carvings, including both angelic and demonic depictions of a local woman who had scorned him. The courthouse was completed in the late 1800s, but his sad story remains for all to see.

Scarborough Fair is going on so we saw many at our hotel dressed in Renaissance clothing at breakfast. I almost followed one guy out since he reminded me of Johnny Depp in his pirates attire.

We had pizza delivered to our room the first night as we settled in with novels. The next day we enjoyed a Chinese buffet after a long day of antiques.

This morning I was busy with a hand-held electronic game while Patty flitted back and forth with her packing. She finally sat on her bed and I looked up as my game finished. I busted out laughing, and so did she. She was sitting there with the complimentary shower cap on her head. Never a dull moment between friends.

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Love the shower cap! Glad you both had fun.

Anonymous said...

For a moment I thought Patty had cut her hair....I thought she just mentioned she wanted her hair to grow out. Sounds like a fun, relaxing time. Glad you got to go.

Anonymous said...

Did someone say Johnny Depp??!!

The shower cap becomes you Patty.