Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Family Excursion


My son Ron and his family spent Sunday in Glen Rose exploring the great outdoors. Thomas and his shadow, Buddy, had fun frolicking in the cold water and jumping from one rock to another. I vaguely remember a time when the temperature of the water wasn't a consideration, I just plowed in. I was probably age - - oh -- six, like Thomas.

After a lot of rough and rowdy play, Buddy took some time to rest and pant by the looks of that big tongue dangling from his mouth. I don't know how he gets all of that back into his mouth. And if you think he's this big, scary dog you are partly right. Just act like you are about to lay a finger on a member of his family and he is poised to attack. Actually, he's a big, lovable, 6-month-old puppy who would rather curl up in a soft lap than rip a throat apart.

I especially love the family picture even though the wind is blowing hair in the faces of my girls. But the idea is there, that of togetherness and family fun. I think it's great that the whole family enjoy the outdoors and roughing it on camping trips. Thanks, Ron, for sharing pictures of your outing with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a good time! You are making memories, Ron, with your family. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like they had a fun time!!