Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spoiled & Pampered

As a Mother's Day indulgence, Patty surprised me with a deluxe French pedicure, complete with foot massage. She called to tell me she had made an appointment for us and to be at her house at a certain time. When I got there she directed me to the salon where she gets her nails done. We relaxed in our vibrating chairs while our feet enjoyed a whirlpool bath.

From the knees down, our calves and feet rejoiced in a wonderful massage, first with an exfoliant, then a soothing cream. A stone smoothed away all calouses on the bottom of our feet, and broke through some skin on my ankle but I didn't let that stop the massage. The place would have to be on fire, with the fire almost licking the edges of my chair, before I'd stop any kind of massage.

We both opted for the French pedicure since it was so neutral and would go with all our clothes. I even gave in to having my eyebrows waxed for the first time. After years of electrolysis, I was surprised I'd relent and allow waxing. It looks great! They are perfectly shaped now.

From the salon we further indulged ourselves by going out for Mexican food. After that feast, we were ready for pajamas and coffee. Robin was in Houston on business and we grab every opportunity to have a slumber party. It was a great evening and full of the girlie fun Patty and I enjoy. We love the pampering and buying fun girl stuff.

Now, I'm ready to tackle the meal Allison and I are making for my mother's Mother's Day celebration in East Texas. And, later, I will report on our Mother's Day activities. My son has told me what he's doing for me, and if it actually happens, I will broadcast it to the world!

4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Why you and Randee are cooking for Mother's Day is beyond me!!! But I know it will taste good!

Anonymous said...

So glad you were pampered. You deserve it. I absolutely love to get a pedicure. I'm due for one.

Anonymous said...

I only had a foot massage once and never thought it could feel so wonderful.

I know how you love your feet massaged, it's a wonder that you didn't get kicked out yelling "MORE, MORE".

Glad you had a relaxing evening. Next time I am flying in!!!

Anonymous said...

When a person giving me a massage on my feet or all body finishes I just want to hit them!