Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cheryl's In Town!

What a wonderful surprise to see Cheryl walk into my office this morning! I knew she was in town but we'd already accepted the fact that hers and Sid's schedules might be too hectic to fit in a small visit.

They attended the wedding and reception of one of Sid's cousins, and the graduation ceremony for one of his nephews. Sid's sister lives here and they spent a lot of time with her and extended family.

Needless to say, I was thrilled that they came by my office for a short visit. They had both lunch and dinner plans with family, so I was happy to be squeezed in. Cheryl and I had agreed that this time in Dallas was needed for Sid and his family and that as long as we have Bandera, all is well with the world. I did commit her to the extra three days we are offered since we travel to Bandera in the off-season. Imagine, 10 days in Bandera with my BB!!! That's a lot of Yahtzee and junk food! And naps and talking and laughing.

They will fly home to Pensacola tomorrow. We'll be back to chatting on the Messenger. Thank you, Cheryl and Sid, for dropping in and making my day!

4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

What a nice surprise! A few minutes of friend time is better than nothing!

You forgot to mention pajamas in Bandera...

Anonymous said...

And no "you know"

Anonymous said...

I wish you wouldn't have seen me passing by the window. Wanted to knock and have you open the door. I just COULD NOT be in Dallas and not see you. I think God make a commandent about that didn't He??? Thou shalt not pass by Dallas.......

Yahtzee was always our number one treat in Bandera but now Donna, the "you know" is right up there with us!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL Cheryl