Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day At The Farm





We had a wonderful day at the farm with my parents even though the whole group was unable to attend. Our intention was to take the cooking responsibilities away from my mother, but she did make a chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream.


Allison and I made the beef and chicken chimichangas, which she deep-fried to a sinfully fattening golden brown. Those were topped with an avocado sauce, sour cream, salsa and queso. Allison also made pinto beans while I made black beans and tortilla pinwheels. Donna made the Spanish rice and some delicious chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies. Rita brought the peach ice cream which was divine. We will not go into the amount of ice cream and cookies I sampled!


Lunch was served from the kitchen but we carried our plates into the new sunroom my Dad, brothers, and Ron built on the back of the house. Dad even planned a ribbon cutting for Mother since she has long awaited this new addition. With their new table and a card table, there was plenty of room for us to enjoy our feast.


I spent a lot of time holding Sophia. That was a good Mother's Day gift for me. She even laughed for me a few times. Baylee had fun loving on the dog and donkeys. Jude, too, had a good time at the farm except for his allerigies that kept him sneezing and rubbing at his eyes, and the episode with a mousetrap. He wondered what it was and picked it up. Snap! It got him. He was a little embarrassed by it, but no tears. He's always afraid he is worrying us and makes light of his accidents.


My lovely daughters, Allison and Angela are treating me to laser hair removal for Mother's Day. I'm anxious to go to my free consultation and set up the treatment. Years of electrolysis has cleared away most of my unwanted hair, but there are areas on my face that need attention before I start scaring the grandchildren. I'm ready to get started and I'm very thankful for this thoughtful gift from my girls.


Being a mother is rewarding and I thank God for the children and grandchildren I have been blessed with. My life is complete.

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Sorry I missed it!!! The pictures are FAB--NanNaw and PaPaw look great and the girls are precious. I cracked up over Baylee lounging all over Teddy Jo--without one care to how dirty he is! He must love that little girl.

I wish I could have been with you today, Mother. I love and miss you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom and Dad look great. Sophia has changed so much in just a few short months, what a doll. Do Randee's children ever frown? lol Now Baylee, sweetie, just keep those legs together!! She's an angel. Glad you were together and had a good time. I missed it again....

Anonymous said...

Angela, this is for you. Mom ate at least 3 large servings of ice cream. Sorry I couldn't put it in the news letter. BTW, mom held Sophia most of the day because I was slaving over hot oil some of the day and walking with the older 2 and getting sweat between my breasts. One of which is not good for a 6-month old to be around and the other mom is totally opposed to.

Peggy said...

If it will make you feel better I will announce in the newsletter that I gorge on homemade ice cream. Problem is, they can tell when I do, they can't with Slender, Tender and Tall.

angela | the painted house said...

Yes, and I also want you to write how many chimichangas you ate. Your newsletter readers want specifics...numbers.