Monday, May 14, 2007

Sissy Sussies

In our family, if you're told you're getting a sussy, you know you're getting a surprise. All the women in the family get in on the fun. Especially corny is a "sussy for Sissy", which is an expression used by my sister, Donna, and me. Donna and I enjoy getting sussies for each other.

I brought a sussy to the farm yesterday for Donna. I'd bought a cute and comfortable pair of gold sandals and thought she'd like a pair too. When I arrived with them, she was barefoot and waiting. Then she surprised me with my own "sussy for Sissy". She had bought me two very cute tops. I'm always excited by a new article of clothing and couldn't wait to wear one to work today. Of course, the size and fit is always perfect. I really need Sissy to do all my shopping (with her credit card, of course!). Tomorrow I get to wear the other new top. I feel so special!

And speaking of special, I was touched by a gift Donna gave my mother for Mother's Day. Mother wanted matching book ends to put in the bookcase my Dad built in their new room addition. The purpose of the book ends was to give my two books a prominent place on the shelf, surrounded by the two book ends. They did stand out and it meant so much to me. Thank you Mother and Sissy! I love you both!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sissy,

thank you for my sussy! I love my new sandels!

You are the easiest person to buy for. Everything looks good on you.

It was wonderful seeing you and Robin. James and I are going to enjoy the bullets Robin gave us.

Peggy said...

Bullets would certainly make my day.

Anonymous said...

I just love sisters. I love your sister. She is the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh go on.......