Saturday, May 12, 2007

My Mother's Day


My son, Ron, told me he didn't know what to get me for Mother's Day so he said he would bring us dinner on Saturday night. That sounded like the perfect gift to me and I looked forward to his arrival. He assured me it would all be homemade and fresh, and it was. Robin and I feasted on a delicious pasta dish, Caesar salad and French Bread.


Ron makes his own pasta sauce using lots of tomatoes and garlic. He said he put 13 tomatoes into the sauce he brought to us. It was so yummy with a rich flavor. It was such atreat not having to cook our dinner tonight. Ron knew I'd be cooking for the Mother's Day celebration at the farm tomorrow and figured I didn't need the added hassle of feeding Robin and me. Thank you, Ron! The meal was wonderful. Robin grabbed the camera and took a picture of me with two of my boys and the pasta.


Robin gave me a pair of red and white sandals I'd had my eye on and even our Foster cat, Weasil, got in on the Mother's Day festivities by surprising me with an electric can opener. I guess he heard me swearing at my manual one this week when it froze on me and wouldn't even make a dent in a can. It's come in handy with the cooking I've been doing for the farm. Thank you, Robin and Weasil.


Tomorrow's post will include pictures of Mother's Day at the farm with my mother and family. Happy Mother's Day to you all and enjoy your day. A special wish for Cheryl who is in North Carolina to see her nephew graduate from Duke University with a law degree. What a proud moment! Come back safely, friend.


3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

What a sweet surprise! Love the picture of you with your handsome boys!

Wish we were closer to Duke...I'd love to see Cheryl!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

-cANDICE

Anonymous said...

Happy day with your boys. That little Thomas is sure cute, you too ron.