Monday, April 30, 2007

A Little R & R - Divine!

Patty and I took four days off to just get away. It really didn't matter where we went as long as we went. We tossed around several ideas, then at the last minute we opted for Tyler.

We booked a room at the Hampton Inn in Lindale. A lovely grove of trees were beyond our window. We ate at many wonderful restaurants, shopped for clothes, jewelry, perfume, shoes, and books. Our evenings were spent in bed with books or the TV.

Our room was spacious so time spent there wasn't as confining as one might think. We had two double beds, a mini refrigerator, a small microwave, and a big desk. The hotel chain has updated the rooms to include beautiful, fluffy pillows and duvet with matching dust ruffle. I loved spreading out in my own bed and enjoying the comfort.

Since the trip was thrown together quickly (but was a perfect one), I failed to pack a camera. Patty thought to bring hers, along with a huge bag of flip-flops and her ever-present can of Lysol. She will provide the pictures for this post, which I will add when I receive them. Thanks, Patty.

There's nothing exciting to report. Our outing was everything we wanted it to be, a relaxing time away from schedules and a home where we are constantly jumping up to take care of something. We got plenty of rest and still brought home some treasures from our shopping sprees. We arrived back home on Sunday early enough to unpack and do laundry. Yep, sounds like home to me.

My friends and I sound boring, but how happy I am that none of us are party animals who have to be entertained. Our friendship is entertaining enough. We're already trying to decide where to spend our next long weekend. I considered Marble Falls on the Colorado River, but I don't remember seeing a mall there. Oh well, we can bring books. When do we start packing, Patty?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting another blog. I got kinda tired of disturbing Robin every time I went to your blogspot.

I would love to take 4 days off to do whatever I want to do. Will it ever happen? Glad you two had a great time.

Peggy said...

It is kinda scary seeing Robin popping up all the time. In bed even!

Let's plan a sisters and their friends long weekend that is convenient for everyone. James managed it before without you, he can do it again for a day or two.

Anonymous said...

Yes let's do.

We need to get the trip to the farm scheduled with Patty and D. Bowen.

angela | the painted house said...

I'm with Donna...glad you are posting again!