Sunday, April 01, 2007

Our 9th Anniversary




Robin and I are celebrating an anniversary today. Last night I found a box of wedding memories and we looked through the cards, airline ticket stubs, a sheet from the hotel stationery, and our pictures. My garter was also there in its original package. I know it sounds like I'm talking about valuable antiques, when actually my three kids have been married longer than we have. They are just meaningful tokens representing another milestone in my life.

Among the treasures was a card I gave to Robin on the day we were married. I wrote about how I looked forward to being his soul mate, his friend, his lover and his wife. Reading those words again renewed a committment in my heart. None of us are as giddy and full of promise as we are on our wedding day, but to capture it again by going through old memories is good for us. The ups and downs of life make us forget why we married this special person in the first place.

On that note, I'd like to thank Robin for being my wonderful husband for nine years. Thank you for the funny and romantic way you planned our entire wedding, and only letting me in on the date - April Fool's Day - just days before we boarded the plane for Las Vegas. The chapel, my bouquet, and the day were wonderful. I appreciate the man you are, your sense of humor, and your loving involvement in the lives of my grandchildren. I'm proud of the positive steps you've taken along the way to make yourself a better person. I owe so much of my happiness to you. Happy anniversary. I love you, Baby.

11 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Can't believe it's been 9 years! Glad you had a happy one!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sissy!

Candice said...

Aww u too are precious! im glad u had a happy anniversary! u look pretty in those pictures!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary BB. Robin who?????

Peggy said...

That's right, Cheryl. "Who the hell is Robin?" I can just hear you now!

Candice said...

I cant get to cheryl's blog! can u give me the URL?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Cheryl had a blog. And Candice, I wasn't able to get into your blog. Help!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog Candice, but thank you for wanting to read mine if I had one. I am not much of a writer and to be honest my life isn't that interesting unless you want to hear some bad stories about some bad customers. Well maybe I should start a blog. I do have enough ammunition on customers to work with.....I think I will keep reading the three of yours for right now.

love you

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, if you do start a blog, I'd want to read it. You always have a way with words in your comments.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. You know your anniversary is on my Mother's birthday and that's no April Fools! She passed away 1 month shy of being 79 but I still thought of you and am glad you had a wonderful anniversary. Ronnie & I were married 6-18-71, 35 years!