Friday, March 05, 2010

Fun with Pancakes

There's a standard answer when I ask the younger grandchildren what they want for breakfast: Funny Face Pancakes. The two older ones have matured beyond the funny face stuff and opt for eggs and hash browns.Sophia told me she wanted a mad face. My limited skill produced a face that was more sad than mad. She was still pleased, but Baylee asked where the angry eyebrows were. Why didn't I think of that?
Baylee's pancake has the upturned smile. By the time I got to mine, I just poured batter and didn't care if there was a face or not.
We took a long walk, watched some TV, and enjoyed corn dogs for lunch. The highlight of the day was the return of the two ducks to our pool. The girls were thrilled to see that sight.
We had a great time and they managed to melt my heart again.

4 comments:

cheryl said...

Your memaw made me a funny face pancake once! It was up at Bandera, must have been late in the week and 200 games later. But they sure were good!

angela | the painted house said...

Yum!!!!!

Jan Tucker said...

Sophia and Baylee, I am jealous. I need Memaw to come over and make me a Smiley Face pancake!!
Missing the mad eyebrows, too funny.
Glad you had fun.

Donna said...

I'd like any face you put on mine....sounds good. Cute girls!