Thursday, March 18, 2010

8-Year-Old Cousins

Get two 8-year-old cousins together and they can entertain themselves very well. I was only needed when they were hungry, thirsty, or needed chocolate chip ice cream. Oh, I was asked to tell them a bedtime story, which I did, using talking bionicles that made me look cool.
This bare-chested duo are sporting tattoos that they had Papa put on them.
They spent much of their time building with Legos and created this castle from a big tub of blocks we keep for the grandchildren.

They wanted a bionicle face on their pancakes instead of the usual funny one. This is my feeble attempt. Thomas gave me a mask to go by, but my efforts didn't produce a match.

We headed to the park after breakfast. They used this time to burn off some energy.




From the park, we went to get lunch and cherry limeades, which were refreshing after all the running, jumping and spinning they did. They said they wished cousin Ashton could have joined them for the sleepover. I do too! It wasn't an exciting trip to Disney World for Spring Break, but Thomas and Jude were content to spend this time together.

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Aww, how fun! I'll have to show the pics to A in the morning. Glad you all had a great time. Cool castle, dudes!

Donna said...

I'm glad these two cousins are able to have a close relationship. They are growing up so fast. I'm sure they enjoyed all the good/fun food and activities. You're a good grandma!

Jan Tucker said...

Wow, what fun. No girlie Tea Party for these two energy filled boys!

cheryl said...

I can't believe how big the two of them are!

I can see you are getting smarter, you didn't get on the playground equipment.....

dee said...

they had so much fun. fun to have cousins so close in age.