Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Missing Newspaper

This is an example of how Robin and I have been on brain overload lately. Of course the example involves Robin, not me. For obvious reasons.

Robin came up to me and asked, "Did you stop delivery of our newspaper?"

"No. As a matter of fact, it is paid through November," I told him.

"Well, it isn't in our yard."

"Maybe someone stole it."

"But there are papers in all the other yards," he said.

"Maybe that someone just needed that one newspaper."

"Hmph," he muttered as he walked away, only to come back a few minutes later.

"Forget what I said about the newspaper," he told me. "It's on the coffee table in my den. I must have gone out and picked it up earlier."

"Huh?"

He flushed and walked away again.

4 comments:

Donna said...

You know there was a time when I was always right and would argue with a brick wall. When I can't find something now, I assume I misplaced it. James and I spend most of our time looking for things. Of course he looks like a man......never lifts anything....just moves things around. I so relate to this Robin.

Jan Tucker said...

Poor Robin. I think the Newspaper Fairy brought it in! Peggy, I love how you write about everyday occurrences and make me laugh with your stories. (I'm still waiting on your NEXT book!)

cheryl said...

I get asked that everytime only it's "where did YOU put it". He's is exactly the same Donna, never lifts anything etc to look for something. I eventually find "whatever" but I have to stop thinking I was the one who put it there in the first place. I liked you answer to him BB!

cheryl said...

sorry, he is......