Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Grandparents' Day!

What a thrill to be invited out to lunch in honor of Grandparents' Day. Papa Robin was a little under the weather and stayed home, but I wouldn't miss this special outing. Look at those happy faces!

Thank you, Brian and Allison, for this special treat. Not only did I enjoy a fabulous lunch with five of my favorite people, but the restaurant honored grandparents with a packet of coupons and discounts for future lunches with the grandchildren. What a deal! I'd wished I had a gray wig styled into a bun, a little floral dress, and support hose. Then I decided, why make it look worse than it is? I did wear my ID bracelet that has the initials of my Cloud 9 on it, a sweet, personal gift made by Allison for Mother's Day. No denying that I was a proud grandma, 9 times over.


Little Sophia had already attacked the salsa when this picture was taken. She can put that stuff away! And doesn't my Jude boy look handsome. He fixed his hair and picked out his clothes so he would look good for Memaw. He did a great job! Baylee shared her excitement about Wee school and she will begin Zoo school this next week.
There's nothing like grandchildren fighting over who gets to sit by Memaw that makes you feel divine. Being their star for the day was an honor I will always cherish. My thanks and undying love to all of you.


4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Whoops, didn't even know it was Grandparents' Day. Glad someone remembered for you!!!! Those cute kiddos look happy with their Memaw. Happy Grandparents' Day!

Donna said...

You all look fabulous! Happy GP day my beautiful sister! I love you and am happy you are blessed with 9 grandchildren.

Jan Tucker said...

Great pictures. So glad you were able to spend a wonderful day with 3 of your Cloud 9.

cheryl said...

i can't tell who looks happier, the kiddo's or memaw. Glad you had a great day!