Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Emmy A-Wardrobe

Is it just me or do you also feel that the awards shows are focusing more on the attire than the performing arts? I didn't watch the Emmys, but my internet home page was filled with the best and worst dressed. I had to search for a list of winners who actually performed, not merely dressed for the occasion.

I like pretty clothes as much as the rest of the women in the world. And there's nothing like prom night - or Academy and Emmy awards, People's Choice, Golden Globe - to make a girl feel like a princess. But shouldn't the fashion focus be reserved for the runway when the talents of designers are being recognized?

When it comes to film and television, there are some great writers, actors, screenplays, musicians, choreographers, and yes, wardrobe artists, who are at the events to be recognized for their talents. I'm in favor of saluting them for their hard work and letting the night be about them.

We all like to see our favorite actors and actresses up front presenting awards and seeing them out of their usual role. But I, for one, don't really care what they are wearing.

2 comments:

Jan Tucker said...

I do watch and route for some shows to see if they win....BUT I have to admit I watch the shows to see what they are wearing!! The paper had a full page of who won what and they also provide pictures of all the worse/best dressers.

Donna said...

I kind of like to see what they are wearing also. I a girl watcher.....