Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Still Thankful

These two pictures were taken Thanksgiving morning when I went to Patty's to deliver some food I'd made for her family's Thanksgiving. Her house was a festive combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas. This girl gets in the groove.The reason I only have these pictures of our November holiday is because I got busy after that. I had the camera close by, but by the time I slowed down enough to take a picture, the kids' clothes were smudged with chocolate dessert. Allison and her family and Ron came over for dinner and football watching. I had such a wonderful visit with them. But I missed Angela and her family so much!
Thanksgiving at the farm was great as usual. Again, I had the camera, but everyone was going in opposite directions. I guess this just shows how much fun we were having. As always, my mother put on a feast, a feat I couldn't do and wouldn't want to attempt. I admire her stamina and enthusiasm to continue doing this with her growing family. My family is so blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures. I hardly ever take pictures and wish I had. I'm glad you take up the slack, but yes, you were slacking this holiday. Love you anyway!

Anonymous said...

When all the family is together I give the camera to Mike and tell him to take as many pictures of the kids as possible. That way I don't miss out on anything because I'm trying to get a good shot and I get surprised by all the pictures he took.

Is that Patty's husband? Either she's really short or he's really tall. Or both.

angela | the painted house said...

I was wondering if you were going to post anything on Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing you all this Christmas!