Monday, December 08, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Cheryl & Sid!

My BB and her husband are celebrating an anniversary today. How can I say I am happy for her when this marriage took her away from Texas and the fun we always had? I so remember the day Sid came to get her and her trailer full of furniture and belongings and just drove them all to Florida and a new life together. Never mind that I sat in my car as they passed by with tears in my eyes. Cheryl and I both wondered if we were ready to stand on our own two feet with so much distance between our friendship. Thanks to all the modern forms of communication, we are always close and have proven we can survive this most recent change (providing our computers don't crash).



But I will force my selfishness aside and wish them both a very happy anniversary. They are lucky to have each other. May God bless them both!

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Happy anniversary, Cheryl and Sid! I can't believe I still haven't met Sid.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW, Sid was standing here while I brought up the blog. Thank you for the wishes. Can't believe it's been 12 years. It has been really nice and Sid is a good man, but for some reason I can't get it out of my head that I left me best friend a few days before.....that was a very sad day

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I'm looking forward to the tears due to your moving back! We all want you to move back. You have so many friends you haven't met yet.