Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Angela!

I can't believe this little girl, my baby, is celebrating her birthday today with her husband and three children. The years zoomed past me. When our children are small, we look at raising them to adulthood as being light years away. Then, one morning we wake up and look into a man or woman's face that used to be our baby. It seems it happened overnight as I look at it from this side of the progression.I start filling in the gaps as I remember isolated events, a certain birthday, a special Christmas when there was something exciting to open, or school programs and boring report cards (all A's people! Absolutely no variety). I think of childish art that over the years perfected itself into masterpieces that I proudly display on my walls. I think of games we played and stories we wrote and the love and pride that a mother feels for her child.

Now, I'm the mother of three adults and that is always hard to grasp. But look at these three! My Birthday Girl is the tall one on the right.


Here's my baby girl with her own daughter, Juliet. How thrilled I am that she will know the excitement, enchantment, and miracle of a daughter.



She's zany, funny, disarming, passionate, strong, beautiful and a treasured gift from God.




How happy I am that my baby is celebrating her special day with this handsome bunch! Of course, I'd like to sneak in and offer a big birthday hug, but I'm content knowing she will get plenty of love and attention. Happy birthday, Punkin. I love you so much.


Angela Renee


Lord, I come to You on bended knees,
My heart is full of praise.
And I thank You for that special girl
You gave to me to raise.

Within my womb I carried her
And my love began to grow,
For that tiny little miracle
Whom I had yet to know.

Through the years she's been a blessing,
So thoughtful and so kind.
I thank You, Lord, for choosing her,
A better one I couldn't find.

She's filled my life with sunshine,
Her faith is strong and true.
I'm a mortal, weak and sinful.
All the credit goes to You.

I thank You, Lord, for stepping in,
For all Your help along the way,
In creating a beautiful woman
Out of that girl of yesterday.

I often feel unworthy
That You placed her in my care.
And when I see what she's become,
I'm so glad You put her there.

My life would be so empty
Without my daughter at my side.
Her life's so full of goodness,
Lord, forgive me for my pride!

I'll always come on bended knees,
My gratitude has no end.
For that lovely, special creation,
My daughter and my friend.

- Peggy Chrusciaki, with all a mother's love.

6 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Thank you, Mamacita, for such a sweet post. You brought tears to my eyes. It has started off great so far...Ashton woke me up to his enthusiastic version of "Happy Birthday" and I had birthday waffles with my family and opened presents and Ashton told me there was no homeschool today. Next I will have lunch with a friend.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angela! That poem is beautiful written for a beautiful woman. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ang!!

Peggy, I loved the poem!

Anonymous said...

The poem says it all. Happy Birthday Angela. Have a wonderful day.

Love you

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, stilts.

I love you.

Mom, we will need a new picture of you with your three kids since ron and I have lost weight since then.

Heather said...

Jeez, give a girl a tissue warning, would ya?

That is a beautiful birthday tribute, and I love the poem!

Yes, you are blessed to have Angela, but she is equally blessed to have such a loving mom.

(I am visiting from Angela's blog, I'm not a crazy stalker. Just so you know...)