Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Celebrating

Here's the birthday boy with his toys. In a previous post about all the raccoons and opossums he has captured in his trap, I mentioned the opossums are so hideous that we never see stuffed animals of their likeness. I was wrong. I found these two critters side by side on a shelf, as if to say, "Buy us for Robin!" Which I did. Now, the Great White Hunter has two more "trophies" to add to his antler collection and bobcat skull.I considered placing both in the trap and presenting them that way, but remembered that the trap might not be the cleanest of gift holders. Not that it really matters since these creatures are Robin's gifts from the cats. I gave him cologne he'd wanted, but who wants to see a picture of that?

The birthday mug and a generous slice of German chocolate cake made an excellent afternoon treat. We will put off eating out until tomorrow night since we are under a wintry weather advisory. He'll just have to suffer through my spaghetti tonight. But we're still celebrating!


4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

The cats are so thoughtful!

Cake looks good!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Robin! The presents are lovely.

Peggy, making the cake doesn't take long at all. You add water, eggs and oil then slather on german choc iciing all over it. :) haha

Peggy said...

Cristal, I tried that recipe one year and he told me that for some reason, the cake wasn't that good. So I wasn't able to pull off a mix. Darn.

Anonymous said...

Robin seems to like his toys. The cats did good! Yes, the cake looks good. You have spoiled Robin with great baking and cooking talents. Poor James.