Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Funtastic Weekend

A lot was accomplished this weekend and Patty and I had a ball doing it all. I made a huge dent in my Christmas shopping and will have to do a lot of wrapping today. I am not a shopper and having a friend along turns a dreaded task into a fun project. Look at all those bags! Patty is almost done while I've only begun.Part of our weekend was spent at a birthday party for Patty's grandson, Austin. It was held at Todd and Amy's and we feasted on pizza and a gigantic birthday cookie. I got a sweet hug from Patty's pride and joy, Eden. She has such a special family and I enjoyed being a part of their celebration. Little Eden is Patty's clone! And she clings to her grandparents. I love that.
Patty and I have laughed so hard this weekend and it was just what the doctor ordered. We were flipping channels last night and came across a very unusual church service, really weird. I wrote the pastor an e-mail and asked that he explain the service. There was a lot of trance-like dancing and repetitive words. I got an automatic reply, saying if God directs, he will write me back. I'm still waiting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If God directs, they will write you back"?? WEIRD.

I'm pretty much done shopping too....Only because my checkbook says I am. :( But I haven't started the wrapping yet. That will be next weekend.

angela | the painted house said...

Glad you were able to get a chunk done. I am almost--today I will ship a box to TX!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I got some shopping done too. I even bought some Christmas gifts:) Need to wrap now.

Anonymous said...

That was me......Donna