Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sophia's Dedication

Sophia was dedicated to the Lord on Saturday, February 10. It was a lovely ceremony with a slide show of the family and a sweet picture of the star attraction left on the screen. I tried to post the picture but the blog wouldn't accept the format.

Sophia's grandpa, Jerry, an ordained minister, performed the ceremony. Having an important member of the family doing the dedication makes it very special. Sophia, of course, was well behaved and never made a whimper. She's such a good baby.

After church services, Allison treated us to a delicious pasta meal with homemade Italian bread, which I really indulged in. Dessert was another homemade specialty, pound cake with a topping of strawberries and blueberries. I ate so much that I crashed on Allison's bed while she was nursing Sophia. Within minutes, the two of them joined me in slumber. I hope Robin, Jerry, Sharon, and Brian will forgive us for leaving them with a messy kitchen and two active children.

Welcome, Sophia, to not only our house, but God's house as well. We love you so much.

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Wish I could have been there!

You didn't give credit to Randee Allison Dee Titer for the awesome meal!!! Oh, that pound cake sounds so good right now.

Peggy said...

You are so right, Angela. I guess I just assumed everyone knew who fed us such a wonderful meal. I made the needed changes. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

ty for the great bed mate. We got some good zzzzs