Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Real Age is OLD!

I found an interesting site where one can do the survey and see how one's calendar age relates to their real age. I took the test and was amazed by the results.

In all fairness to me, many positive things contributed to a "younger" me, like the age of my living parents, lack of a history of ovarian and breast cancer in my family, my driving habits, my BMI, and the fact that I swim in a very healthy gene pool.

My failure to exercise in all the ways the survey suggested aged me considerably. As did my diet. Too much red meat, not enough flossing, or fruits, or vegetables or fish. I will disregard the recommendations about fish since I won't eat anything that ever lived in a body of water. My junk food fixations also added a few years to my calendar age.

The good part about the survey - once recovered from the shock of the new age - is that it gives a detailed pattern to follow to reverse the aging process. If followed, the next test results could be much lower than the actual age. Unfortunately, one has to be disciplined and put the plan into action.

I must admit that the list of what I was doing wrong was longer than the list of things in my favor. I'm wishing I'd had a total vegetable meal last night instead of a Frito Chili Pie that tasted ohhhh so good. I have nothing against vegetables. In fact, I love most of them. The trick will be getting the husband to try again those foods he's always hated. And, to discipline myself to coming home from work and washing, dicing, cutting, and cooking vegetables instead of choosing an easy, less nutritious meal.

If you dare discover your "real age", go to www.RealAge.com and answer the questions. It takes awhile, and an hour or so for the results to be e-mailed to you, but it's worth the time spent. If you're looking for a self-improvement course, this is it. Change your lifestyle and extend your life.

I'm still in somewhat of a shock over my Real Age so I won't reveal it right now. It's bad enough that I just had a birthday and thought that new age was shocking, without adding some years on top of it. Let's just say I need to end this post and see if my dentures are still soaking or have somehow made it back into my mouth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took it and it told me I need to work on my BMI and my marriage. I need to loose about 200 pounds (Brian's weight) that should take care of both. 32.2 is my real age.

Anonymous said...

This is why we only go to Bandera 1 week a year. If the test score was based strickley our on stress, we would come out to be 2 years old (or less). Now on every other habit we would.......well let's just say they would have to create a new "real age" number....but it wouldn't bother me in the least!!!!

Anonymous said...

What is BMI?

Peggy said...

BMI is Body Mass Index, determining your weight and height ratio and amount of body mass (fat).

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Got some of that!