Sunday, December 03, 2006

Mortgage Free!

Oh, happy day! After 32 years in this house, a pool, a home improvement loan, and refinancing, our home is now paid off in full! The final payment was due December 1, and we have breathed a collective sigh of relief. Unfortunately, the house needs some repairs, some as serious as the foundation, but we haven't decided to do an equity loan yet. We might wallow in the extra monthly cash for a few months. I so want to remodel and add new floors, paint, and furniture. I'd jump right into it if it weren't for the medical bills.

December must be the month for good news. Yet another debt will be paid in full on the 10th. That would be the HAAS machining center at work. All our equipment will be paid for by then. Yippee! Most is passe and we need to update, but, again, I might wallow in the extra cash flow for awhile.

Back to the medical bills, I've always believed we should pay for services rendered. It's not easy for me to accept help or shun financial obligations. However, this was emergency surgery, something I wasn't prepared for due to the high cost of medical insurance. So, please, someone lead me to the person(s) who handles this issue for the illegal immigrants! I'm a citizen who pays taxes and I want the same benefit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sissy! I hope you and Robin celebrated! What a good month to become mortgage free! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

WALLOW, WALLOW, WALLOW......You deserve it, finally a little piece of mind for you. If there is anyone who deserves it, you do. Forget any breaks though, remember the little boy who send a letter to God for money and what the government did for him! You would think with a SKI or AKI at the end of our names we would get some benefits!