Thursday, July 20, 2006

Grandchildren Galore!

How thrilled I was this morning when daughter Angela phoned to announce she is pregnant! She's estimating the due date to be late March, 2007. So, both my daughters are pregnant right now. Robin has nicknamed them 'rabbits'. Numbers 8 and 9 are well on their way.

Because of the timing, many of us are hoping for another girl. That would make 4 sisters/cousins so close in age that could grow up together as best friends. However, I look at my precious 3 grandsons and think another little boy would be fabulous. The truth is, all grandchildren are special and I cherish each one.

I see a busy year ahead of me! Robin and I will spend a week at the Texas coast in September, my cruise with friend Patty is in October. Allison is due in November and I will be helping her with the kids while she recovers from a C-section. Friend Cheryl and I usually have our week in a condo in early March, then I will fly to North Carolina to help with their baby, Ashton and Juliet. I just wish I could retire and be on the go all the time.

My life is so blessed. I'm surrounded by wonderful children and grandchildren, a husband I enjoy spending time with, friends that are so loyal, and two books about to go to print. Lately, every day has been like Christmas morning to me.

Thank you, Angela and Clayton, and Allison and Brian, for adding two more blessings to my life. I am so rich!

6 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Rabbits we are! Please do not leave us out in the sun.

Peggy said...

You aren't too safe indoors either!

angela | the painted house said...

I'm glad I am a little better with my children!

Oh, forgot to say: your new blog looks good--the grey reminds me of a certain lady who will steel your heart...

Peggy said...

Ick, ick, ick!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL I like your comment about not being safe indoors either....don't you wish we had that same enthusiasm, not to say energy..... I am so happy for both of you Angela and Randee. One of these days though, your husbands are going to come home from work and be afraid to ask WHATS NEW???

Anonymous said...

rip JJ!

Angela left MY rabbit out in the sun to fry on a hot Texas day. He was a white rabbit with red eyes, for heaven's sake. We tried to cool him off on the tile floor but to no avail. Love you JJ