Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eclipse!

Is there something wrong with an almost cougar and two somewhat senior citizens waiting in line to see the movie Eclipse? Can we simply be classified as young at heart? Or does that depend on what we were thinking as we feasted our eyes on Edward and Jacob? I know what I was thinking, but I can't vouch for Allison and Patty. I realize I'm old enough to be Jacob's grandmother, but he wasn't the one who captured the most of my attention.

We grabbed our tickets early, then headed out for dinner. Next, came the long wait in line. Allison was holding a place for Patty and me when we were confronted with the Line Police, a young woman who refused to move and let us advance in line to where Allison waited.

"You are not going ahead of me," she declared. She told her friend that we wanted to break in line and they both stood woodenly and would not let us by. I pointed out that my daughter was up ahead and holding our place (didn't anyone have to leave their spot for a bathroom break?).

She repeated, "You are not getting ahead of us." Patty and I had to find a friendlier entry into the long line and finally found our place ahead of the Line Police. I wanted to smile and wave at her from my closer position to Eclipse, but Allison thought I might cause a scene if I messed with a Twihard. She ended up in the same theater with us, but alas, farther back.

Finally seated, we ordered our popcorn and dessert and settled in for a long night. The time flew by and the movie was over before we knew it.

Patty stayed in the guest room and I crawled into bed at 3:00am, but couldn't sleep. I have a feeling I will want to sleep in a few minutes. Ah, but it was worth the fun we had being together and doing something crazy, just because we can.

2 comments:

dee said...

I had no problem at all sleeping last night. I went to the bathroom, put some clothes in the dryer and there was a trail of my clothes on the way to my bedroom. I hit the pillow and was out! thanks for the good times. You forgot to mention that the line police had to go to the bathroom and ironiclly snuck back into line via in front of us.

Donna said...

Randee is good at keeping old people in line. She had to remind me not to joke around in the airport:) Glad ya'll had fun.