Saturday, February 27, 2010

Words Ending in "ic"

You might think I'm a little eccentric, but I like words that end in ic. Just as an artistic person loves color, a writer can be a fanatic about words. I have found some paragraphs so poetic in their presentation that I go back and read them again. I just enjoy how the English language can be magnetic, drawing so many words together to form a beatific thought.

Although my own writing has been problematic lately and I've tackled the book in progress at a very erratic pace, I still feel ecstatic about completing it. I feel the topic could be very interesting and the characters have very eclectic backgrounds. I hope to become energetic very soon and begin typing away. Maybe an exotic getaway would do the trick. But I don't want to panic over it. The logic I live by is that writing should be fun, not a caustic acid that eats away at me. Still, it might take a sonic boom to wake me from my autistic stupor.

At this point, you are probably thinking I'm manic and need professional help. Perhaps a medic, or a cleric, or a psychic could find a magic or systematic cure for what ails me. But you can't teach an old relic new tricks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

u seem quite enthusiastic about 'ic

cheryl said...

Might take me a while to think of the right "ic" word to fit in this post. Meanwhile, I need to drink some water while holding my nose....."hic" ....excuse me....

Jan Tucker said...

Peggy, you are FantistIC!

angela | the painted house said...

Looks like someone is having fun!

Donna said...

Cheryl you are funny!

Peggy, I only had to look up one of the words. Aren't you clever!!