Sunday, February 14, 2010

OK, I Promise This is the Last Birthday Post

Until I get my scrapbook, that is. I'll want to share it with all of you.

I had another birthday treat today when my son came over with his homemade ice cream. He received a Cuisinart ice cream maker for Christmas and asked what flavor I wanted for my birthday. Yeah, he's three weeks late, but you have to understand sons.

I opted for peppermint chocolate chip. Ron added the peppermint extract, big chunks of chocolate and a hint of green food coloring to give it a realistic appearance. It was delicious! I had it for breakfast, which is unconventional by some standards. But I'd slept late and hadn't eaten by the time he appeared on my doorstep. You know how it goes, I had to try it.

What was really unique was the card he brought with the ice cream. It had a pretty dessert dish with mounds of ice cream, topped with birthday candles. Inside, a spoon pops up and it says, "It's your birthday. Dig in!" How appropriate is that?

I make homemade ice cream for all the grandchildren birthdays and Ron said it was only right that he make me some on mine. Thank you, Ron, for making my birthday complete and my hips a little broader.

Now, dear daughters, the pressure is on for the finished scrapbook. What wonderful children I have!

4 comments:

Donna said...

He certainly is giving sons a good name:) Good boy!

angela | the painted house said...

Yeah, thanks, Mom!

Way to go, Ron!

Jan Tucker said...

Tell Ron I am IMPRESSED! Very thoughtful and to go and pick a card that matched, that is just too much. Bet it was delicious and who cares if you eat ice cream for breakfast!!

cheryl said...

I wouldn't pass up ice cream for breakfast....That was so thoughtful of you Ron.