Saturday, February 13, 2010

Texas Divas Birthdays!

Wow! We celebrated four Diva's birthdays today. Two turned 60 and two are turning 57. A polite person wouldn't even venture a guess which ones they are. The birthday Divas are Deborah, Cathy, Patty and myself, who hasn't tired of all the celebrating.

Feast your eyes on this cake! It was huge! Paula baked this masterpiece carrot cake and it was the best one any of us have ever tasted. The cake pan is so big that she had to bake one layer at a time. We almost forfeited lunch so we could enjoy dessert first. We had some happy husbands when we got home with Hungry Man portions of this delicious cake. Thanks, Paula. You've just been designated Texas Diva Baker of the Year. The title includes supplying rich desserts for each Diva outing. Sorry. You brought it on yourself, girlfriend.

Deborah, Paula - Texas Diva Baker of the Year, and Cathy.

Patty and I are pictured with Trish, Paula's sister, who has officially joined our crazy group. Welcome, Trish! You fit right in.

My beautiful daughter, Allison, and equally beautiful sister, Donna, always add so much humor and fun when we're all together.

Here we are. This picture looks like trouble about to happen. Never a dull moment when the Texas Divas meet for lunch. I'm honored to have each one in my life.





4 comments:

Cathy said...

My first birthday celebration as a TX Diva......pretty amazing bunch of mature babes sporting great gifts! I've already been using, eating and wearing all of mine. Cake was inhaled immediately. Where does Paula, The TX Diva Baker, live? I need another piece! Donna Mae wins special Diva for driving in the snow to celebrate! Thank you all!

Jan Tucker said...

OMG, my mouth is watering just looking at the cake! Another good time by all. Yall make me smile :)

DiamondDeb said...

Another great lunch with the Texas Divas. Thanks so much for the great gifts. So blessed to have such wonderful friends.

Donna said...

It was well worth the trip! Welcome Trish! My husband was so happy when I walked in with the cake. He said he was wondering if I would bring him a dessert. Thanks Paula! I can't believe Peggy revealed Cathy and Deb's ages. They sure don't look 60! Love you!