Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Celebration has begun!

One thing I love about birthdays with friends and family is that the celebrating can go on for days and days. And since I view birthdays as a blessing, that is a good thing.
Paula, who happens to be one of the most thoughtful people I know, invited Patty and I to lunch yesterday since our birthdays are 15 days apart. We had so much fun together, but then we always do.
When we were in our teens I would tease Patty after I had my birthday and tell her I wouldn't speak to her again until she reached my age. When you're a teenager, it's really big stuff to be the oldest. Now, however, I tell her I won't speak to her because she is younger. It's funny how all of a sudden you get to that magical age when you no longer boast about it.

Thank you, sweet Paula, for always remembering the important occasions and being so generous. She's said she can't forget my birthday because it's the same day as her daughter's. I will never forget hers either since it's the same day as mine and Chezzy's anniversary.
I am blessed with such incredible friends and I'm happy they love to get together so often. Now, it's time to pack for the birthday trip and let the party go on and on!


4 comments:

Jan Tucker said...

Looks like you had a great time and can't wait to read about your NC trip. Happy early birthday!

Anonymous said...

PEGGY.... HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK..... PATTY... BY THE WAY YOU ARE GEORGEOUS AS ALWAYS

angela | the painted house said...

Glad you are getting started early. 60 isn't one to let quietly slip by! Can't wait for next week!

Donna said...

I agree that Paula is one of a kind. Love that lady! I'm looking forward to helping you celebrate in the mountains!!!!