Sunday, January 24, 2010

60th Birthday Party, Days 2 - 6

Five of the ladies piled in on Angela the first day we arrived. I was happy to spend some time with the three grandchildren I don't see as often. This is my beautiful Juliet. She's our little princess. She was thrilled that there would be 7 girls in the house, saying "this is the happiest day of my life". Oh yes, she will be part of the GNO crowd before we know it.
This is Callan with the golden locks and blue eyes. He called for Memaw all day then got shy when I arrived. I managed some good loving off of him. Such a doll.

Angela with Ashton. He's such a handsome guy and was happy to see us arrive. He played the drums and keyboard for us and I was very impressed.


Memaw and Juliet.

How happy I was to have my friend Cheryl come from Florida to celebrate my big day. I couldn't wait to see her!

Patty, my traveling buddy, made the long road trip so enjoyable. We laughed every mile of the way.
My beautiful sister Donna and Angela as we visited over Mexican food.

Here I am sandwiched between the two best friends anyone could have. I am so fortunate to have them.

Cheryl, Angela, and Allison as we lunched at the Biltmore Estates in Asheville, North Carolina.



The birthday dinner was at a Mediterranean restaurant where we met up with my three cousins who arrived that day. Boy! Did they add to the fun!

Donna, Angela, Cousins Barbara and Trisha.

Cousin Linda is the gorgeous redhead in the middle. She'll catch up with me in March.
Linda and Trisha in the hot tub. Donna and Angela also braved the cold mountain temperatures to soak for awhile. I was going to get in, but never made it. Might be the aforementioned temperatures.
I was having too much fun partying that I didn't blog all these days the 9 of us were together. We had a wonderful time. The mountains just echoed with our laughter. My beautiful daughters gave me this special birthday celebration, complete with a massage (by a man, no doubt) and a memorable scrapbook that is in stages of completion and had me in tears. I will cherish it always.
More party pictures to follow soon.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Well it was a fun and wonderful party with the NINE of us! It is 4:57 am and I just arrived at work from the flight from Atlanta. I thought I may as well just stop here instead of driving all the way home. I guess Randee and I will catch some z's when possible today. Cheryl is still in Atlanta since her flight was cancelled. Ours didn't leave Atlanta until 1:37a.m. today. It was all worth it! I loved spending this time with 9 of the most fun and fab women! Let's get the next one planned!

Anonymous said...

GEE, I KNOW THIS WAS FUN... AND TO HAVE YOUR FAVORITE FEMALES THERE....ANGELA IS JUST BEAUTIFUL AS IS HER CHILDREN... A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE.... PATTY

Jan Tucker said...

I was anxiously awaiting your pics and details of your trip. SO MUCH FUN. Glad you had a blast. Would love a massage again but something I have not done since I retired!! Used to have them at work twice a month for a splurge from the constant stress!!

cheryl said...

Well, I finally made it back. Sid was kind enough to "insist" we take the day off. Had a good nap and now looking at all the fun again we had via my camera. We have a lot of picture exchanging to do! Such a GREAT time, but went by tooooo fast. Donna and Randee, try and get some rest. Don't you feel you know terminal C like the back of your hand???

angela | the painted house said...

So much fun! Thank you all for coming this way...and so SORRY for the horrible trip back for Cheryl, Randee, and Donna. Ugh! Hope you all come back!

Mother, happy birthday!!!! You are beautiful at every age!

Love you!

Donna said...

Cheryl, there was a minister also waiting with us, and he is going to write a book titled "Life in Terminal C16", although the gate number kept changing on us:)

What a great guy your Sid is!!!!!

Barbara said...

you all look GREAT and it looks as if you had the best time ever. happy birthday again, Peggy -- may the next 60 years be even better!