Tuesday, January 19, 2010

60th Birthday Party, Day 1

Patty and I had a pleasant first leg of our trip. We are now in the Hampton Inn in Jackson, Mississippi, ready to turn in and start driving in the morning. We have laughed a lot and I'm sure that will only get louder and more frequent as we meet up with five others in our group tomorrow night in Atlanta.
Since today is the first anniversary of my Dad's death, we stopped by my Mother's and took her to lunch and to the cemetery. Brother Gene went with us. We didn't want her to be alone today and it was only a small detour from my trip. We still can't get used to this marker and seeing his name there. We all miss him so much.
Patty is relaxing after a long trip and looking good all scrubbed and free of makeup. I, on the other hand, look like I'm about to turn 60.

I'm being a good sport here. A really good sport. I'd washed my hair in the shower, removed all makeup, and look awful. Patty said it was a sweet picture. That means I look awful. I'd told her earlier that we could have breakfast in the morning before makeup and then come back to the room to finish getting ready. She said, "I didn't just hear you say that". She and everyone else know I won't go to the mailbox at the curb without makeup, so I agreed to be photographed sans makeup and concealer. Sorry, folks. Sixty ain't always pretty.
Makeup or not, we're having a ball!

8 comments:

Jan Tucker said...

Thank you Patty for capturing your Diva as a 'real' person with no makeup. And thank you Peggy for being a good sport and letting us know you are not vain 100% of the time! LOL
Glad you can post while on the road. Looking forward to lots of pictures, make up OR no make up!

Anonymous said...

PEGGY YOU LOOK WONDERFUL.... WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE ABOUT TO TURN 70........ OH MY I CANT BELIEVE IT SO ENJOY TOYR LIFE BECAUSE YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT.... LOVE PATTY M

cheryl said...

Add about ten pounds of frizz to your head and we could be twins right now!!!

I might have to cancel if I can't get my hair to lay down....NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Won't be long now!!! OH BOY and one
I could just S--T!!

Donna said...

That is a first!!!! But then again, we've seen pictures of you in the hospital:( I'm glad your sweet daughters have planned such a fun time for you and included me in it. I would have to disown them if they didn't:) I love you and you and Patty be careful. See you tonight!

Jan Tucker said...

It is Thursday, Jan 21st. The Enjoy your "LAST" day we are both 59 and soak up all the attention. You can get back at me with all the over the hill jokes when I catch up to you on Nov 17th!!
1950 was a good year and it is easy to keep up with our age; just add the current year + 50! LOL
I think of you with the motto....
LIVE, LAUGH & LOVE.
Your bud, Jan

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, Mamacita!!!!!! You are one HOT mama. I love you!!!! So glad you are here.

Jan Tucker said...

It is Friday, January 22nd!
Happy birthday, to you...
Happy birthday, to you...
Happy birthday, Dear Peggy...
Happy birthday, toooooo youuuuuuuu. Gee, I hope you were singing!
Have a WONDERFUL time on your trip. Call me when you get back.

Anonymous said...

I knew you were having a good time and I told you explicitly to NOT have a good time unless I was there with you!! But you've gone ahead and done it anyway - it looks so nice and I know you ladies are having a ball - just a girls getaway!! Happy Happy Birthday Peggy!! Hope you're here for many more but next time I wanna get in on on one of these trips too! Love you all - Paula