Sunday, September 07, 2008

The One That Got Away

The Great White Hunter nabbed another critter, Rocky Raccoon. This big guy had attitude. He hissed and growled each time we got near his cage. After a night in confinement, he was mean and angry. City animal control tried to get him from our cage to theirs, but he fought hard. Since no one wanted an encounter with his teeth and claws, he managed to escape during the transfer. I don't think he will fall for the bait in the trap again. I hope, at least, he chose another back yard in which to take up residence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS one is cute!

Anonymous said...

He's a big one!

Crazy Momma said...

When we were kids my father let us use the have-a-heart trap just so we could see what we could catch. I think he stopped letting us after we caught a skunk...

I am not your daughter...unless my mom TOTALLY lied to me today when I told her all about my bloggy excitement and she HONESTLY had NO earthly idea what I was talking about...no idea what a blog was...or how other people could read it...silliness!

Thank you for stopping by and showing the love!

angela | the painted house said...

I wouldn't mess with one that is hissing and fighting. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this reminds me of Sally, a childhood pet. My Dad found a sign that said FREE racoons, their mom got ran over. She was a week old and I fed her from my Baby dolls baby bottle. Lived in the house like a cat. How I loved that raccoon!
Jan Tucker