Thursday, September 18, 2008

My "Dream-on" house

by Dee

Sunday my hubby and I had a double date with our friends, the Ramseys. First we went to brunch! I know, don't be jealous! Then it was off to a million dollar home tour. And what a tour it was. These homes ranged from the high 1 million all the way up to 2.7 million. The outdoor living spaces were so beautiful! I want an outdoor kitchen! I want a pool house! I want a jacuzzi located in the garden of the master suit! I want to make the money required to maintain a home like that!!!

One of the houses had the coolest princess room. This little girl's room was so fantasy fantastic, I even wanted to sleep in it. The room is painted in chalk board paint and the murals are done in...are you ready for this...chalk! The bed was the coolest. It was a play in the princess and the pea story. The bed was hanging from the ceiling with multiple colored thin mattresses stacked on top of one another. The bed was a swing! Not good for a precocious boy's room but perfect for a little princess who would never think of making this swing really work and taking it for a real test drive.

I could not imagine being able to live in one of these homes! And what kind of children would mine become after living a life like this? Would they grow up and graduate from college expecting to maintain the same lavish life they have become accustomed to? Or would they live in a modest 1 bedroom apartment and work their way up like their good hard-working parents did? That is why here and now I will proclaim that I will never subject my children to such a dilemma! Yes, that children's book is going to sell and make my sister and I multi-millionaires but I will stay in my same cookie-cutter home in the burbs with my 2 car garage. My garage will NOT be climate controlled, with a chandelier and better textured floors than the rest of my home. I will NOT have a media room that rivals the Cinemark I use to go to every Saturday night as a teen. In fact I will reward my hard work by blessing my mom with all these luxuries.

That's right Peggy Poet, pack your bags! You are moving on up!

5 comments:

Peggy said...

I can't wait!!!! Publish, publish!!! I'll get a home big enough for all of you to move in. We'll hire a cook and maid and spent our days in blog world.

Actually, I don't know what I'd do in a home like that and with money to spare. Nice thought, though. Thank you, Blondie. I accept!

Anonymous said...

I want that bed!!!

Are you and Angela writing a children's book??

angela | the painted house said...

I have a feeling that we all could adapt quickly to that lifestyle.

Randee wrote, I will illustrate.

Cool room!!!! You just don't want Daughter to rub up against her chalk walls and smear chalk on her $300 smocked dress!

Anonymous said...

It does bring a new meaning to the words DON'T TOUCH THE WALLS....

Heather said...

A very cool idea...drawing a mural with chalk! I love going through houses like that. So many good ideas.