Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Piggly Wiggly


What fun we have at the local Piggly Wiggly in Bandera. They changed the name of the store, but it's still Piggly Wiggly to us. Once the trunk is free of luggage we go shopping to stock the condo's kitchen. And boy! do we stock it! Keep in mind, this is Friends Week and all diets are on hold. This is a special time of indulgence and Cheryl and I know how it's done! We bought a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts and a few cream-filled, an assortment of candies, a coffee cake, chips and dips, crackers and cheese, sodas, breads, lunch meat, and for good measure, a few tomatoes and bottled water. It is now Wednesday and we've only ventured out once to eat out on my birthday. We have enough food to stay inside and let the world around us turn cold.

We have played almost 100 games of Yahtzee, taken naps every day, and watched very little TV. We are so calm and relaxed! I could really get used to this. I'd love to buy this condo and retire here. Impossible right now, I know, but a lovely dream of mine.

Here's Cheryl in the frozen food aisle picking out our Sarah Lee coffee cake. yum!

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

You girls are crazy! That picture of Cheryl reminds me of when Natalie and I dressed up in Dad's clothes and posed in the frozen food section. Too much time on our hands!

I'm glad that you both are having a fun and relaxing (most importantly) time. Post some pics of your condo!

Anonymous said...

wash, rinse and repeat. same trip last year, same trip next year. I am so jelous! I want to do it with you! I hope you will still be doing this in about 20 years when I can go with you!

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture of your BB.

Randee, I'm right there with you. I want to go.