Friday, January 26, 2007

Good-bye, Bandera




It's Friday evening and Cheryl and I will pack up in the morning and head to my house. This is always a bittersweet time for us. We miss our families and we want to stay here. We can't have both. Today was strictly pajamas, junk food and more Yahtzee. We've played 162 games so far (the night isn't over), we have laughed soooo hard, we have talked and talked. I was reminded that our week was coming to an end when Cheryl told me she was tired of seeing me in the red velour shirt I've worn over my pajamas for warmth.

Note the three deer who were grazing in front of our condo. Also, I've included more pictures of our fun-filled week. This is our fourth visit to Bandera and I have a feeling it won't be our last. We keep coming back for the beauty and solitude. I don't know when we've felt so relaxed.

Bandera, it's so hard to say good-bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no one got sick??? That is a good trip.

Peggy said...

Yes, for once we took a vacation without seeking medical attention. Although, long term results from our diets that week might make us diabetics.

angela | the painted house said...

So happy that you both had such a fun, HEALTHY, time. By "healthy" I mean no ER trips, not your diet! :)