Friday, September 01, 2006

Rueben Sandwiches!

I have a loaf of my Mother's homemade rye bread! She also threw in some rye flour, caraway seed, and the recipe for a rare occasion when I feel up to baking bread.

We sampled it earlier this week by having egg salad sandwiches for lunch. Delicious! Robin and I love rye bread! So, after work today I bought provolone cheese, corned beef from the deli, horseradish, and saurkraut. I made wonderful, fattening, grilled Rueben sandwiches on the best bread around! Not only delicious, but a quick meal. I usually buy a corned beef and cook it all day to make these sandwiches. For after work, the deli meat worked fine. Remember these, Allison and Angela?

4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Yes, I remember...but to be perfectly honest, I'm not a fan. I love the smell of them toasting, but the saurkraut, horseradish, and rye bread are foods I could do without. But, so glad that you enjoyed a treat! I didn't know that NanNaw made rye bread. Oh, what I would do for a loaf of her wheat bread right now. Okay, that is my assignment for the holiday weekend...looking into UPS overnight delivery!

Peggy said...

Uh oh, guess this is another one of those times like when I thought you loved my stew. That's ok, I can still tempt you with my chocolate chip cookies.

Anonymous said...

You can tempt me with a rueben sandwich. I absolutely love them. Angela, you need to call your NanNaw and get you a freezer full of bread! I'll never forget the weekend you and Randee came to OK and I could not fill you up on NanNaw bread! I wish it looked as good on me as it does you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

sorry mom, not a fan either. It's not your fault, just don't like them in general. But I love your stew.