Saturday, September 30, 2006

Bon Voyage!

Patty and I are leaving today to spend one night in Houston before boarding our ship in Galveston. We'll be sailing on Carnival Cruise's Conquest, one of the larger ships in their fleet. It should make the sailing go smoother. Our first two days will be at sea, my favorite days of all. Wednesday we will stop in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Thursday is the Cayman Islands, and Friday is Cozumel. We will dock in Galveston on Sunday, the 8th. Whether or not we go to shore depends on how I feel and what type of port it is.

The surgeon assured me I could take this cruise since it's two weeks after my surgery. He only told me to do what I feel like doing and to all my friends and family who have worried over this, let me assure you that I'd rather be sick at home than on another vacation. I will take it easy! Patty and I plan on lots of rest and reading. I'll spend most of my time on the balcony with a good book (not Simon Says, I've read it several times already!).

The pain I've felt has been replaced by soreness, which is a big relief. I tire easily and know when it's time to get back in bed. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to fit into my clothes from all my tissues absorbing a week of IVs. I am happy to say I've lost 18 pounds of fluid since I've been home from the hospital and won't have to wear nightshirts on the cruise!

I hope to bring back prettier pictures than the ones posted below. Surely I won't have two vacations turn into a nightmare. Thanks to all of you wonderful friends and family who have stood beside me. Now, take a break from me and focus on your own lives. This invalid is off to the high seas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sissy,

I'm so glad you feel like going. You are really in good shape to come through all this like you did.
I love you!

angela | the painted house said...

When do we get to see pics and read about the relaxing cruise???

Anonymous said...

Outstanding story there. What occurred after? Take care!


Here is my homepage: great article