Monday, September 04, 2006

Class of '68 and '69



Robin and I had a wonderful visit with Ronnie and Jan Tucker today. Jan and I were classmates and friends at MacArthur High School in Irving. Jan made sandwiches for all of us and we got to meet her handsome son, Brian, and her beautiful granddaughter, Maisye. A big highlight for Robin was getting to see the Cobra car that Ronnie had assembled from a kit. Quite a kit! And, we saw his orange 1970 Cuda that he bought when it was new, way back when! We toured their beautiful motor home and even sat in there for awhile and talked in the nice A/C. That's the kind of camping I could do. No roughing it in that thing!

Jan and Ronnie live in Oak Leaf in the De Soto/Ovilla/Red Oak area with country surroundings. They are a lovely couple and we really enjoyed our visit. There's never a dull moment with Jan around. Her enthusiasm for life is contagious and I suspect she never meets a stranger. How great to be on such a natural high! We look forward to more fun times with this delightful pair.

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

How nice to have friends way back from the old MacArthur days--you two cute Cardinals!

I need to give her a call and get the real scoop on my mom!

Peggy said...

Jan, remember we're friends and you keep your mouth shut!

Peggy said...

Be careful what you say! I just might get an idea for a story! Maybe a good name for my leading lady would be "Jan"???