Monday, August 09, 2010

Happy Birthday, Thomas

My oldest grandson is 9 today! And what a sweet and handsome boy he is. I took loads of pictures of our outing together but haven't been able to load them due to all my computer problems. But this picture from a past birthday will have to do and it's adorable. I will post our birthday fun when I can.

Our first stop on our birthday date was to get Thomas a haircut. He was even excited about it. As we walked into the salon my stylist said, "what a handsome grandson!". To our amazement and my delight, Thomas went to her, patted her on the back and said, "thanks. You're a pretty grandma." How sweet is that? This boy never meets a stranger.

Next was lunch and then the anticipated trip to Toys R Us. As we neared the store I told Thomas we were almost there, knowing he must be pumped. He surprised me again.

"I can be very patient, Memaw, when I have someone to talk to. Even though I can't wait to get there, I can be patient as we talk."

"That's great, Thomas," I told him. "You're one of those who doesn't just look to the destination, but you also enjoy the ride."

I'm constantly learning from these 9 grandchildren! Each one has a unique perspective and a huge heart. I am blessed.

Happy birthday, Thomas! Enjoy your special day and always remember how much I love you!

4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, Thomas! You are such a sweet boy!!! Love you!

allison said...

happy birthday 8/9/10!

Jan Tucker said...

Sounds like you had a great day with Memaw. Happy birthday. Can't wait to see the current pictures and see how much you have grown in a years time.

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Thomas! I left a comment yesterday....really. I don't know what happened. Love you!