Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Baylee!

Our pretty Baylee Girl is 6 years old today! Robin and I surprised her at school today and swept her away for lunch and some good birthday shopping at the toy store. You can see from the picture where we ended up for lunch. To her credit, Baylee usually has better taste than this, but choices were few near the store. We made up for it later with ice cream!

This birthday is extra special because Baylee started kindergarten last week. She loves school and getting into the learning mode. When I arrived with my umbrella today she said, "We studied the letter "u" today, like in umbrella." She catches on quickly.

Baylee has always had a big heart for animals so her favorite place to browse is on the stuffed animal aisle. She already has a ton of them at home, but what's a few more when your heart is in it this much? She is "mama" to a real rabbit that adores her. He will sit in her lap while she watches TV and eat fruit from her hands. This sensitive girl has never met an animal she didn't like. I bet she'll be a vegetarian when she grows up. Oh yeah, she's a brunette.

I have her homemade strawberry ice cream made and I was told that her cake will be one she will love. Pictures will be forthcoming. Can't ruin all the birthday surprises.


Have a very happy birthday, Baylee. You made us feel so special today by the excitement on your sweet face when you saw us at your school. You were so much fun and always a joy to be with. I love you, sweet girl!

4 comments:

baylee's mom said...

Happy Birthday to my big girl. She woke up this morning so excited about the big day ahead. She is proud to hold up that second hand when you ask how old she is.

BTW, I got the joke about being a vegitarian, not sure if anyone else will...

Donna said...

Wow she looks so grown up in these pictures. Happy Birthday! I love you! I didn't get it. Are you surprised?

Donna said...

Ok, I went back and read it again. Ha! You could look at it two ways though.

Jan Tucker said...

I got it Baylee girl. So glad you had a fun day.