Thursday, August 19, 2010

Celebrating Friendship

A miracle happened 17 years ago today when I walked into a grief recovery seminar and met Cheryl. An incredible friendship took root and has blossomed beyond our wildest dreams. We were there for each other during the worst time of our lives and have continued being a rock for each other, sharing all the good and the bad. I can't imagine my life without Cheryl.

This is always my favorite picture of Cheryl because she's arriving at the airport to spend a glorious week with me in the Texas Hill Country. The laughter begins at this moment.

A friend is someone who accepts you as you are, expecting nothing more. A friend is safe with your secrets. A friend listens to your hurts and comforts you, and rejoices in the good that happens in your life. A friend is Cheryl.

Thank you, Lord, for showing us what a genuine friendship is all about, and for bringing these two heart-broken women together and putting a smile on our faces. To learn more about this special friendship, please click on the label "Our Story" to the right of this blog.

4 comments:

cheryl said...

That was still the biggest miracle God ever performed for me. It's so hard to believe it has been 17 years with such a friend and never once has this friendship been shaken, only strengthened. Thank you God for my Best Friend Peggy....

Jan Tucker said...

Who thought so much happiness could evolve from such sad circumstances. God does work in mysterious ways. I am so glad you are BFF.

Donna said...

You two are special to me as well. I love you both!

angela | the painted house said...

Can't wait to see Miss Cheryl this week!