Saturday, November 21, 2009

Texas Divas' November Lunch

The Texas Divas made a beautiful showing today with only one of our group missing. We miss you Paula F.! We had a fabulous time and so much to catch up on. Let's face it, a lot can happen in one month among 9 ladies!

I'm so proud of our group picture, thanks to our lovely server, Sara. She fit right into our craziness and is even a Twilight fan, which is even better. This is such an awesome group and we have so much fun together.

We were thrilled to have Deborah back with us. She is not allowed to take any more reprieves from the Texas Divas. She always adds her brand of humor and is definitely one of us! These three Divas were in school together as friends.

Donna and Deborah met in the 3rd grade so they go back a ways. I'll be kind and not tally up the number of years they have been friends.


New best friends Jan and Darlene. They had to miss our last lunch and we were so happy to have their smiling faces back in our midst.


This is our server, Sara, and Donna's new BFF. We plan to look for her on Facebook and we've given her my blog address, and hoping she will join our ranks. We need another boost of estrogen since Allison is carrying us all through on her own. Welcome, Sara, and be sure to leave a comment here. We've adopted you. Donna has captured you.

This picture of my sister and daughter just warms my heart. I love the touchy-feely emotions I get when I look at those who are so deeply planted in my soul.

I got to share the spotlight with two dear friends. Patty and I have been friends forever, and even though we only met Paula almost two years ago, she is the type to make you feel that you have been the best of friends for a long time. We just love her to pieces!
We are planning our December lunch for the 19th if all goes well. And Sara, if you're off, be sure to join us instead of serving us.
You are all so special and loved so much!

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Watch out, Dee, I think Mom is about to molest you...she's feeling touchy-feely when she looks at you! :)

Donna said...

I love that group picture. Everyone looks wonderful! I love you all. Thank you Sissy for doing all the work!

Anonymous said...

Excellent Diva luncheon except for the OU/Tech score. You were all correct - Deb brings nothing but smiles and laughter. Glad she returned.
Looking forward to the 19th when I will bring a "Houston" Texas Diva -
she will fit right in!