Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sophia's 3rd Birthday Party

The Lion King birthday party for Sophia was a roaring success. The cake was an absolute work of art. I don't know how Allison's friend was able to make icing to look just like a mane and the face to look like real fur. It takes a talent I don't have. I've considered taking a cake decorating course so that I could make cakes for the grandchildren, but never got around to it. I guess I knew I'd fail. There's not an artistic bone in my body.

Sophia looked a little uncomfortable when we all sang to her. This birthday party stuff at age 3 is still pretty new. But she finally smiled and blew out her candles.

She was clearly Uncle Ron's girl today. She'd been saying for weeks that her uncle Ron was coming to her party.


There's evidence of Memaw's homemade chocolate ice cream on her shirt. That's also evidence of a great time.
Look at that shy expression. She's the center of attention and doesn't quite know how to handle it. She'll catch on.
The kids were encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes to the party and enjoy them another day. Allison really fixed up for the occasion. I asked what she was (this was a kids' party after all) and she said "a pretty, pretty princess". Well, she was wearing a tiara.

I thought she looked great but would look a lot better if she'd added a little more makeup. Something was missing.


While the kids feasted from Lion King plates, the women got to feast our eyes on Edward from Twilight. Naughty girls.


OK, I'm a perv. I admit it. I have a granddaughter older than Edward. But I'm not dead.

Pretty Baylee as Dorothy enjoying birthday cake. It was a perfect day with brisket tacos, dips and chips, lots of sweets and presents and fun. All for our perfect Sophia!

5 comments:

dee said...

thanks for the pics. I need to grab that pic of me for my profile pic. That cake was as good as it looked. yum!

Jan Tucker said...

What a talented cake decorator!! The food and fun with friends and family made a great party.

Donna said...

Randee, you got out of the lines.

Looks like a great party. Love the cake!

cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Sophia! I bet it was hard to have to cut into that cake it was so beautiful....

Randee? What can I say??

Anonymous said...

A pretty girl is like a melody... Titer, you've never looked finer!

What a fun party! Love that cake! happy birthday, Sophie!

-angela