Monday, October 05, 2009

First Slumber Party of 2009

We got to begin the slumber party fun a month earlier since Robin took advantage of bow season which started in October. Rifle season begins in November so we were happy to get this head start.

Patty and I went out for Mexican food, then decided to take a look at BOGO. Wouldn't you know, the store we aimed for was smack in the middle of the new Cowboy stadium with the Aggies and Razorbacks arriving for game time. I took the wrong turn a couple of times and almost ended up paying $50 for parking. Of course we burst into squeals of laughter. And yes, you had to be there to appreciate the humor. Then, after all that trouble, BOGO had nothing that caught our interest.

We got back home and quickly changed into pajamas. It was raining and cooler than usual so pajamas just seemed like the right thing to do. We made a pot of cinnamon hazelnut coffee and settled in front of the movie Twilight. It was so enjoyable since we'd both read the book and have plans to get with other friends and family so see New Moon next month. We also watched a comedy ventriloquist, and ended the night with good books.

Note to Sissy: Yes, I love the plaid top you gave me. It's been in all the recent pictures. Thanks!

5 comments:

dee said...

I would say you like the shirt! Do you need to wash it?

Peggy said...

Dee, I just took the shirt from the washer for the second time and hung it on a rack to dry. It's clean and ready to wear again!

Anonymous said...

PEGGY, I LOVE THE PLAID SHIRT...PATTY

Donna said...

I like mine too. We should wear them Thursday? Maybe not. Glad you like it. You look very pretty in it.

angela | the painted house said...

When you find something you like, i say, WEAR IT! Very fall and pretty, Mom.

What a fun night. I guess I"ll have to read the book now.